Friday, January 28, 2005

10. Tip - Don't listen to what your mother says!

No... I am not talking about taking food but about her worrying about your board exams or JEE screening. Believe it or not, more often than not, you will be pressurized by your mother or grandmother or some other relative to qualify JEE. If you pay more attention towards JEE, you will get scolding on not studying for your board exams. It happened to me also.

Luckily, for me, my father was with me. He said to me just one thing, which I still remember and probably will never forget. He said, "If you qualify in JEE and pass boards with even 33% marks, nobody will complain. If you don't beat JEE, your board marksheet if everything." I always kept it in my mind.

I still remember it was January of 1998 and my board exams were to be in March / April, 1998. I had some idea of English course but a very little idea of Hindi. I took the board exams with no more than 15 days of exclusive study of these subjects and passed with handsome marks.

But who looks at them. All I have to say now is - "I am an IIT Kanpur Graduate / B.Tech.". That's it.

So, don't listen to anybody on this topic. But also don't overlook them completely. After all, you'll be giving your internal examinations.

No comments: